Monday, August 19, 2013

Anime Iowa and Harley Quinn





Wow. Anime Iowa has come and gone! I have to say that this is probably the best Anime Iowa (and probably best con weekend) I have ever attended. Being a guest of honour this year was a great experience (learning and socially!) and I want to thank Anime Iowa, Iowa, the Marriott, the other guests and the attendees for having me this year! It has been a blast hosting the four panels and dance, and I loved meeting everyone and getting the chance to talk to so many awesome people!

I don't think that life could be better right now, and all of you are responsible for helping to make this happen. :)

Panels I hosted this year were
~Kimono Kitsuke
~Cosplay 101: Acting in Cosplay
~Marvel/DC Mashup
~Living and Working in Japan
~Nevermore's Social Ball

I also had the chance to judge the workmanship and cosplay masquerade! There were many awesome costumes and skits this year, and you all did splendidly! :D I hope you compete again next year!

I want to give a shout-out to the people who helped make Nevermore's Social and the Marvel/DC Mashup a reality! Without you guys, these events would not have been nearly as awesome as they were!

Courtesy of Cukini Studio

Courtesy of Cukini Studio
Courtesy of Cukini Studio

Courtesy of Cukini Studio

Courtesy of Cukini Studio


The Marvel/DC Mashup turned out to be superb! Originally it was supposed to be a cast Q&A, but ended up being a full-on, full-blown improv stage performance! We were a little over half full in our audience at the mainstage, and no one really wanted to leave when it was over. This was just, beyond words awesome! I hope that we can put together this event again next year, and do double what we did! :D  This year we had Joker, Harley 1, Harley 2, Bruce Wayne, Superman, Captain Rodgers, and the Minion! Some of the audience ended up getting involved as well, which made the panel even more of a blast! I love it when the audience gets involved and starts interacting!



Man of Steel and Bruce Wayne at the Marvel/DC Mashup



Overall, Anime Iowa gets a 10/10 from me! I was sad that I didn't get to see many of the other panels, but I have to say it was worth the weekend! I already miss my friends and all the cool people I got to meet. I hope to be back next year, folks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harley has finally been debuted! Already looking into a new design for her. I found the perfect stretch vinyl that I think would look super cool! The hood will have a cool effect and the puff balls will too!  I am not sure if I want to do booties for the feet or try to find some shoes.  She definitely gets to keep the slap gun, and I may make her a mallet!





Jack Frost is currently in the works! I have his wig, which needs styling, and I am looking for a blue hoodie to do the designs on. :)  Now I need to figure out his pants too.

I also want to introduce my new project, Frost, from Mortal Kombat! I will be combining a nice mixture of original design and Mortal Kombat design for her character. :)  I am hoping to debut her at Archon 37, along with my boyfriend as Sub-Zero. :D We are both excited for these projects.



Rogue finally has a new wig, so she can get back in action! I have not done anything with Rogue since Generation Salvation, and I think it is time she got her upgrade! ;)


I also have been working on a concept for Luna from My Little Pony! Firefly Path has recently created a beautiful design for Princess Luna, and I have been inspired by it to create something similar. :)  I can't wait to send in a final photo to them to see what they have inspired! <3  I am a HUGE fan of Firefly Path. <3


As of this moment Luna's wig, horn and skirt are finished.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I am offering a challenge! Sometime in the next month donate to a charity, support a good cause or volunteer in your community! Doing these things help our communities to grow and develop positively! Our communities provide so many good things for us, and it is time we start giving in return. :)


I guess that this is all for now! I hope you all take care and don't forget to friend me on facebook!

Friend me: www.facebook.com/mimiru.riley


With love forever,
Mimiru



And....Without further ado!!! I present Harley Quinn!!








Other links:

Cukini Studio Facebook
Anime Iowa Site
Mimiru's Deviant Art


No comments:

Post a Comment