The fabric choice had been difficult. The fabric LOOKS like some sort of gauze, but this is Loki we are talking about, so I found a nice micro-suede after a month of fabric hunting for the shirt.
The collar should be folded left over right.
There are two mock-ups of the shirt, one made from a stretch cotton, one made from a stretch muslin and the final out of the suede.
Pattern for the shirt created from a cut-apart kimono naga-juban
|Pattern and first
mockup of the shirt.
The final fabric used for the shirt is micro suede in an olive-forest colour. Collar is hand-sewn in the style of a Japanese kimono.
The vest features a full lining in micro-suede, a second panel edition to the front two tails, and the edges of the vinyl have been sewn for a more polished, completely look. There are also metal pieces that will line the edges of the tails. I spent about two months searching for the right fabrics for this piece of the costume.
There is a second collar attached to the main collar and additional detailing added to the outside of the coat. It has been sized carefully to be accurate to my height in comparison to the one for Tom Hiddleston.
|aking a pattern from paper first based on a concept design and reference images.|
|A mockup made from cheap cotton to create the actual pattern for final cuts.|
|The first look at the vest over the shirt. Vest does not have any sewing and has been pinned in place to check on size, lay, etc.|
The back view of the vest. The tails are my favourite part!
|A look from the side|
|A look at the vest and shirt with the fabric laid over it. It makes a beautiful combination.|